Friday, March 27, 2009

NGM [technology class]




I took another trip to NGM, in which my focus was to find a classroom to observe in regards to function, space, and form. Fortunately, I ran in to a fellow friend that teaches at NGM Dorand. He allowed me to sit in and take pictures of the space given, to gather a better understanding of the successes and failures of the overall functionality of the space. I found that the floor plan of the space to be very successful in that the room is centered around a common unit of desks, which is bordered around another series of desks on the perimeter of the space. Dorand also relayed to me that he enjoyed the floor plan due to the ease to assist multiple students at one time and the option to gather for lecture time or presentation. Dorand did say that he wished windows were operable and a system that could reduce the glare on the computer screens within the space.




No comments:

Post a Comment